Police appeal for information to aggravated burglary in St Osyth
The incident took place on Clinton Close at around 8.30pm yesterday.
Two men wearing black balaclavas entered a property armed with knives and threatened a man inside.
They then punched the man in the face and demanded cash from him before leaving with phones and a wallet.
Dc Hollie Hughes, of Clacton CID, said: “The suspects forced entry into the property before threatening and assaulting the occupant. Fortunately the victim was not seriously hurt but has been left extremely shaken by the ordeal.
“We believe these suspects may have parked up nearby and would have looked out of place considering the weather and lack of movement on our roads.
You may also want to watch:
“We would urge anyone who noticed anything suspicious or has dashcam or CCTV footage at around the time of the incident to call Clacton CID on 101 quoting incident number 1050 of 01/03 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people