Police appeal for witnesses after attempted robbery in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are appealing for witnesses after an attempted robbery took place in Clearwater in Colchester.
The incident happened on February 16, shortly before 11pm, when the victim heard a knock at the door.
Two men then forced their way into the property and assaulted the victim, who managed to shout out and kick at the men.
The men then left and ran off in the direction of Mountbatten Drive.
Descriptions of the two men, who are both thought to be in their early 20s, have also been released.
You may also want to watch:
One man was described as black, tall and of a thin build. He was wearing dark clothing, including a covering on his face which was up to his eyes.
He also wore a hooded top.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
The other man was described as white and of medium build. He also had very thick lensed glasses, which the victim said were distinctive as they almost magnified his eyes.
When he entered the property he had a knife in his hand and demanded money off the victim.
Those with any information should contact Dc Lucy Percival at Colchester CID on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.