Police appeal for witnesses after Colchester stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man was stabbed in a “targeted attack” in Colchester last night.
The incident took place at Laing Road in the town around 11.40pm and a dog unit and police helicopter were called to assist in the search for suspects.
Officers received reports that a 27-year-old man was stabbed in the back and he was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detective Inspector Gary Biddle, of Colchester CID, said: “We believe this is a targeted attack and would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at around the time of the incident or saw anything suspicious.”
Anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage to call 101 and speak to Colchester CID, quoting reference number 1268 of April 25.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, witnesses can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England