Police seek ‘man with baseball bat’ after spate of vandalism in Lakenheath
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a spate of vandalism to motor vehicles in Lakenheath.
It happened during the early hours of Monday, April 30, and involved vehicles parked in several locations around the village.
Police would like to speak to a man, dressed in a black coat with the hood up, who was seen walking along Eriswell Drive at around 12.30am holding what is thought to be a baseball bat.
The damage included smashed windows on vehicles in Eriswell Drive, including a Chrysler, a Ford Transit van, a Ford Focus, a Lexus and a BMW.
In Victoriana Row, a Nissan Qashqai, a Ford Focus and a Toyota had windows smashed while a Honda CR-V was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
A van parked in High Street, a Seat Altea in North Road and a Jeep Cheroke in Back Street also had their windows smashed.
A Volvo in the nearby village of Undley was also damaged.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
Anyone who witnessed any of the incidents or saw any suspicious behaviour should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/23195/18 or call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.