Police appeal for witnesses following burglary in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary in Sudbury where intruders entered a house after throwing a garden ornament through a window.
The burglary happened on Thursday, June 7, between 1.45pm and 3.45pm at a property in Melford Road.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “A stone garden ornament was thrown through the rear window pane of a bedroom at a bungalow before the suspect(s) entered the property.
“They made an untidy search of a bedroom stealing a quantity of jewellery, including rings and necklaces, before they left the property.”
Police are asking for anyone who witnessed the burglary, or for anyone who has information that could assist officers in their investigation, to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/31179/18.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery