Man bitten on the ear during assault at Greengage pub in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following an assault at the Greengage Pub in Bury St Edmunds where a man was bitten on the ear.
The assault was reported to have taken place shortly after 8pm on Thursday, May 3, at the pub in Tollgate Lane.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a man reported tried to [punch a 34-year-old male customer as he left the pub.
He said: “The victim then retreated into the pub where after a further struggle his ear was bitten by the suspect.”
He added that the victim’s injury required hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
After the assault, the suspect left the scene as a passenger in a dark coloured car.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information relating to it should contact police on 101 or Bury St Edmunds CID on 01284 774032 quoting crime ref 37/24295/18.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 6 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Alternatively contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.