Man bitten on the ear during assault at Greengage pub in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following an assault at the Greengage Pub in Bury St Edmunds where a man was bitten on the ear.
The assault was reported to have taken place shortly after 8pm on Thursday, May 3, at the pub in Tollgate Lane.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a man reported tried to [punch a 34-year-old male customer as he left the pub.
He said: “The victim then retreated into the pub where after a further struggle his ear was bitten by the suspect.”
He added that the victim’s injury required hospital treatment.
After the assault, the suspect left the scene as a passenger in a dark coloured car.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information relating to it should contact police on 101 or Bury St Edmunds CID on 01284 774032 quoting crime ref 37/24295/18.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 5 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 6 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 7 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 8 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 9 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 10 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
Alternatively contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.