Police appeal for witnesses following fatal collision in Halstead in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Officers investigating the death of 23-year-old Andrew Cheffin who was struck by a car in Halstead on Easter Sunday are appealing for drivers who witnessed the collision to come forward.
Police received reports that a car had collided with a person lying on the road at around 2.30am on Sunday, April 1.
Mr Cheffin was declared dead at the scene.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, officers believe drivers and passengers of three cars seen driving away from Halstead, towards Mount Hill on the A131, could help with their investigation,.
Officers would also like to speak to the driver of a silver people carrier which overtook a Volkswagen on the same road at around 2.30am.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information that could assist officers with their investigation please call 101 and ask for Pc Heidi Lee at the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit quoting reference number 151 of 01/04.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or see www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?