Police appeal following Newmarket assault
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police are appealing for witnesses after a man in Newmarket was assaulted.
The incident took place on Saturday August 25 sometime between 5.15am and 5.45am on the town’s High Street.
Reports state that a male motorist was driving along the road and was flagged down by another man.
A third man then arrived on the scene and assaulted the driver of the car, punching him in the face.
The victim sustained a suspected broken jaw and facial swelling that later required hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who witnessed any part of this incident, or who may have relevant dash-cam footage captured at the time, are asked to call Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 48604/18.
Alternatively, call the charity Crimestoppers to give evidence or information anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour