Police witness plea over bin truck bike collision
- Credit: KALLIE TEMPLEMAN
Police have appealed for witnesses following a collision between a refuse collection truck and a motorcyclist.
They particularly want to trace one man who told officers at the scene in Colchester that he had dash cam footage but then drove away.
The incident happened shortly after 7.15am on Friday September 27 on Straight Road and involved a truck carrying out collections and a Yamaha 125cc motorbike.
The collision took place between the junctions of James Carter Road and Stoneleigh Park.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was taken to hospital with serious lower leg injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the movement of either vehicle on the lead up to the collision.
"We are keen to hear from motorists with dash cam footage, particularly a man who stated he had footage but drove away from the scene."
People are asked to call Stanway Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 179 or 27/09 or report information online at the Essex Police website.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies