Did you see A14 crash at Coddenham? Police seek witnesses
- Credit: Contributed
Police have launched an appeal for witnesses following a serious crash on the A14 at Coddenham which left a woman driver with serious injuries.
Police were called at 3.30pm on Thursday, May 24, to the collision on the dual carriageway between a silver Smart car and a lorry, both travelling westbound, towards Needham Market.
The driver of the car was taken to hospital with injuries described as potentially life-changing. Police said her condition is currently described as “stable”.
The road was closed for several hours while police conducted an investigation into what caused the crash.
Officers are also hoping that other drivers may be able to provide information which helps explain what happened.
A force spokesman said: “Anyone who may have seen the collision or the manner of driving of either of the vehicles beforehand should contact PC 1925 Hearsum at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting incident number 262 of May 24.”
Traffic was diverted off the road at Claydon after the accident.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
The lorry was thought to have ploughed into a ditch, but the male driver walked away without serious injury.
Multiple emergency vehicles, including an air ambulance, four fire engines and ambulances, were sent to the scene.