Police appeal for witnesses to crash in Old Road, Clacton, which has left a teenage moped driver in hospital with serious leg injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a crash involving a car and two mopeds in Essex that has left a teenage casualty in hospital with a serious leg injury.
The collision happened at around 4.55pm yesterday in Old Road, Clacton, near the junction with Key Road.
Ambulance paramedics attended to a 17-year-old boy who had been riding one of the motorbikes and was taken to hospital, where he remains with a serious injury.
The driver of the car, a dark coloured people carrier, did not stop at the scene, continuing along Old Road, before turning right into St Andrews Road.
Investigating officer, Pc Jason Howard said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision, especially if they have any information about the car that did not stop at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Any one with any information is asked to contact Pc Howard at the Stanway Road Policing unit on 101 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience