Police are appealing for information after teenager is left with head injuries
- Credit: Archant
Essex police are asking the public for their help after a 14-year-old boy was left with serious head injuries after a collision with a van.
The collision happened at around 6.50am today and was between a 14-year-old on a bicycle and a Peugeot Boxer van.
The incident took place in White Elm Road at the junction with Peartree lane in Bicknacre.
The boy was taken to hospital for treatment on serious head injuries.
An Essex police spokesperson said: “We believe another vehicle may have hit the bicycle as it was lying in the road and we need to speak to the driver to see if they saw or heard anything.
You may also want to watch:
“It is possible the driver may not have realised they have struck the bike.
“The road has been closed while we investigate and we’re advising you avoid the area and plan your journey.”
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
If you have any information please call 101 quoting incident 169 of November 28 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.