Police appeal for information about missing prisoner
- Credit: Archant
A Hollesley Bay prisoner is still missing after he failed to return to prison following his release on temporary licence.
Gerry Sergeant, who is serving a 15-year sentence for robbery and theft, left the prison to go to a work placement in Bury St Edmunds on Friday 9, November, but failed to return by his 8pm curfew.
Sergeant, aged 61, is described as 5ft 11in tall, of thin build, with brown eyes, white hair, clean shaven and tattoos on both forearms.
He was last seen wearing motorcycle clothing and the motorbike he was riding is a red Honda 125cc, registration number AO11 VMZ.
Sergeant has links to London and members of the public are advised not to approach him.
Anyone who believes they may have seen Sergeant, or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 65107/18.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win