Police appeal after 70-year-old man robbed
- Credit: Archant
A 70-year-old man was made the target of a robbery in Bury St Edmunds.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was hospitalised following a robbery in Bury St Edmunds.
The incident happened shortly after 11pm on June 28, when the victim was targeted near the Arc Shopping Centre on St Andrew’s Street.
It is not clear where the attack took place, but police believe it may have been in the alleyway between King’s Road and the Waitrose car park.
It is reported that the offender met the victim near to shopping centre a few minutes before the attack, where a small quantity of money was forcibly taken.
You may also want to watch:
The 70-year-old victim was taken to West Suffolk Hospital for treatment of a back injury and has now been released.
The offender is described as white and aged in his 40s.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has knowledge of it should contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/35956/18.
Alternatively, people can contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.