Police appeal to trace missing man
POLICE in Suffolk are today appealing for help in tracing a man who went missing from his home in Derbyshire at the weekend.
Officers believe Derek Gardner, who was last seen leaving his home in Clowne on Sunday, may be in the Suffolk or Norfolk area at a caravan site.
The 68-year-old left his home in a Triumph Herald motor home at around 7.25am but his family do not know where he was heading.
A spokesman for Derbyshire police said they are becoming increasingly concerned for Mr Gardner’s safety.
He is described as white, of heavy build, with short grey hair at the sides of his head which is balding.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police said they believe Mr Gardner may be in the Lowestoft area, and local officers are making inquiries to try and locate him.
Anyone who has spotted Mr Gardner or has information about his whereabouts is asked to contact Derbyshire police on 0345 1233333 or Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close