Machete-like blade seized on train
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon after a huge machete-like knife was confiscated.
Two teenagers have been arrested after a huge machete-like knife was seized on a train.
The British Transport Police in Essex carried out a stop and search on two teenagers at Colchester railway station after receiving reports of a weapon spotted by staff for train firm Greater Anglia.
A 14-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man were arrested following the search on the evening of Wednesday, November 21.
They were taken into custody on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
The knife has a large, machete-like blade, with a sharpened edge and the words “Gerder” on the blade itself.
It had a hefty orange and grey grip.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
The entire weapon is over a foot long.