Two men arrested in Colchester following seizure of cannabis and weapons
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested in Colchester today after weapons were seized by police following a stop and search.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, officers approached two men in Upper Castle Park at around 1.40pm today, Wednesday, March 13, after noticing a strong smell of cannabis.
He said the pair were arrested and cannabis, a knife and what is believed to be an imitation handgun were seized.
The arrests were part of a crackdown on drug dealing in Colchester and Tendring areas - codenamed Operation Smuggler.
As part of the operation, officers are carrying out increased covert and high visibility patrols in both areas, targeting individuals intelligence suggests are involved in drug dealing activity.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old man arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class B drug, possessing an offensive weapon and assault and a 20-year-old arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class B drug remain in police custody.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions