Police trace family of Clacton man whose body was discovered in the English Channel following appeal
- Credit: Archant
Police have located the family of a man from Clacton who was found dead in the English Channel following a public appeal for information.
Officers from Kent Police were called to the discovery of a body on Sunday, August 13, around seven miles off the Kent coast near Dover.
The man was identified as 42-year-old Daniel Mark Beggs, who was believed to have been born in Clacton.
A police appeal was issued asking for information to help track down his next of kin.
A spokeswoman for Kent Police confirmed today that Mr Begg’s family has now been traced and thanked the public for their help with the appeal.
She said: “We are no longer appealing for information in order to locate the family of the man discovered in the English Channel on Sunday, August 13.
“We would like to thank you for your assistance in sharing our appeal and inform you that, as a result of this, the next of kin has now been located.”
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
An inquest into Mr Begg’s death opened and adjourned on Wednesday, August 23.
Investigating Officer, Detective Sergeant Stuart Ward, said police were not treating it as suspicious.