Police attempting to trace family of Jeffrey Howell, believed to be in Essex
Police in Leicestershire are carrying out enquiries on behalf of the coroner hoping to trace the next of kin of a motorcyclist believed to have family in Essex.
Fifty-year-old Jeffrey Howell was riding a black Lexmoto XTR motorcycle that was involved in a collision with a silver BMW M3 and a red Vauxhall Corsa near to the junction with Devonshire Road in Leicester.
The collision happened at about 9.17pm on Monday.
Mr Howell suffered serious injuries and was taken to the Leicester Royal Infirmary where he subsequently died.
It is believed that Mr Howell who was born in Antwerp, Belgium, may have relatives living in Kent or Essex.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old man, arrested in connection with the collision, was released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Constable 1504 Seamus Burns at Leicestershire Police on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?