Police attend sudden death at Wetherspoons pub in Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Wetherspoons, in Stowmarket, following a reported sudden death in the pub.
They were called by the ambulance service at around 2pm yesterday, Saturday, December 9, to The Willow Tree in Ipswich Street.
It is believed a 60-year-old man had collapsed and later died.
A spokesman for Suffolk police added: “Officers attended a sudden death in a public place in Stowmarket. It appears to be from natural causes.
“A coroners ambulance has been called to the scene and the next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
“The manager has decided to close the pub until further notice.”
A spokeswoman at the pub said today that they had closed for a few hours yesterday but were open as normal today from 8am to midnight.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown