Body found in River Yare believed to be that of missing man Tony Green
- Credit: Archant
Police believe that a body pulled from the River Yare in Great Yarmouth is that of missing man Tony Green.
The 25-year-old, who lived in family homes in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth, was last seen on Saturday, September 8 in Bar X on Northgate Street.
Norfolk police said officers were called to the River Yare, near Haven Bridge, shortly before 3.30pm yesterday (September 15) and recovered a body from the water.
Police said the body is believed to be that of Mr Green.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained and a post mortem examination will take place in due course, police said.
A police cordon was put in place around South Quay as emergency services recovered the body.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police began its search on Monday morning and had been assisted by the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
On Wednesday his family issued a heartfelt plea for him to return home and also carried out their own independent search.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
They traced the route he was expected to take back to his grandmother's house on Saturday night.