Police appeal for witnesses following overnight burglaries in Elmstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a series of burglaries in Elmstead near Colchester, which they believe to be linked.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, a house in Holly Way was broken into between 10.30pm on Sunday, May 12 and 5.45am on Monday, May 13.
"A mobile phone, purse and credit cards were taken," they said.
"Then, between 9.30pm on Tuesday, May 14 and 6.50am on Wednesday, May 15 a house in Lucerne Road was broken into and a purse stolen from inside.
Officers believe the two burglaries are linked and are appealing for information from the public.
If you know anything about the burglaries, or witnessed any suspicious activity around the time the burglaries took place, call Clacton CID on 101, quoting reference number 42/74572/19 in relation to the Holly Way incident and 42/75633/19 for the incident in Lucerne Road.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or fill in an online crime reporting form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten