Police believe Suffolk man jailed after threatening to publish naked images of woman may have targeted other victims
- Credit: Archant
Other victims potentially targeted by a west Suffolk man jailed after threatening to publish photos of a naked woman he met online and a video of them having sex have been urged to come forward.
Brett O’Leary, of Hermitage Close, Clare, was imprisoned for more than five months after admitting a charge of harassment.
The 44-year-old lured a woman he met via online dating back to his home and filmed them having sex, the Metropolitan Police said.
He also took photographs of the 26-year-old woman naked and threatened to publish both the video and the images online if she refused to meet him again.
O’Leary was arrested in September last year – two months after the incident in July.
He was sentenced to 163 days in prison at Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 25 and was issued with a restraining order after pleading guilty at the same court to the charge of harassment on June 1.
Detective Inspector Jane Topping, of the Hackney Criminal Investigation Department (CID), said: “We believe that O’Leary may have targeted other women and are urging anyone who recognises O’Leary and may have been the victim of a similar offence to contact detectives at Hackney CID.”
- 1 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 2 Plans for 5 homes in Suffolk village refused planning permission
- 3 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 4 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 6 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 7 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 8 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 9 Cocktail bar fined £2,000 for failing to close in Covid lockdown
- 10 Plans submitted to transform former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town
Describing the incident in July last year, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “O’Leary met a 26-year-old woman via an online dating agency. He lured her to his home address in Suffolk with the promise of a large sum of money in exchange for consensual sex.
“O’Leary filmed himself with the victim while they were having sex and took photographs of the victim naked.
“At a later date, he attempted to force the victim to meet him again, threatening to post the video and images on to the internet if she did not do so.
“In September 2014, O’Leary was arrested and later charged with harassment.”
Det Insp Topping added: “This conviction would not have been possible without the help from the victim. I would like to commend her for having the courage to come forward and assist with the investigation.”
Other potential victims of O’Leary, or anyone with any information relating to this incident, are urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting crime reference 4620145/14.