Police: body is Natasha
A body found near Manningtree train station is that of missing teenager Natasha Coombs, police believe.Natasha, 17, from Dovercourt in Essex went missing two weeks ago after a night out in Ipswich.
A body found near Manningtree train station is that of missing teenager Natasha Coombs, police believe.
Natasha, 17, from Dovercourt in Essex went missing two weeks ago after a night out in Ipswich.
Tonight police said that a mobile phone, clothing and a handbag discovered close to the corpse have led them to conclude the body is Natasha's, although she has yet to formally identified.
Post mortem tests have found she died from injuries consistent with being hit by a train.
You may also want to watch:
The last known sighting of Natasha was at Ipswich station on July 27, when she was recorded by CCTV.
Natasha caught the 10.42pm train from Ipswich to Manningtree. Her mobile phone was switched off at 11.19pm and that was the last trace police had of her.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
She had been out for a meal with friends at the Golden Dragon Chinese restaurant in Ipswich's Cardinal Park on the night of her disappearance.
Police believe she might have been upset about the separation from her on-off boyfriend Joshua Brennan.