Police call for witnesses after woman punched by stranger in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 30s was attacked in Ipswich last night.
The incident happened in Gippeswyk Park at some point between 6:30pm and 7pm on Sunday, April 8.
The victim – a woman in her 30s – was walking past a group of six people in the park when one of them shouted an abusive remark at her.
The woman then turned around and a man with a bike punched her in the face.
The victim was left with large swelling around her left eye and cheek.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker, who was not known to the woman, then left on foot.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has knowledge of it is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/18958/18.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket