Woman taken to hospital after collision that sees car land on roof
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been taken to hospital following a collision in Whepstead Road, Horringer, near Bury St Edmunds.
The collision, between a Citroen C3 and a Jaguar, happened on the B1066, just before 1pm this afternoon.
Police say that the Citroen C3 rolled onto its roof during the incident leaving debris on the road which was closed as a result.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “We were called to the scene in Whepstead Road, Horringer, at around 1pm this afternoon to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision.
“A Citroen C3 rolled onto its roof and blocked the road.
You may also want to watch:
“There was quite a lot of debris on the road and Highways were called to clear the scene. Recovery vehicles arrived at 1.50pm.”
The extent of the woman’s injuries are currently unknown, although a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed she was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, for further treatment.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 9 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
The road re-opened at 2.55pm following recovery of the vehicles.