Man, 80, suffers head injury after being struck by car in Mildenhall
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has been rushed to hospital with ‘potentially serious’ head injuries after he was struck by a car in Mildenhall this morning.
Police were called at around 9.46am today, Tuesday, July 24, to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian in New Street.
According to a police spokesman the collision involved a Honda Civic.
The East of England Ambulance Service and Suffolk Accident and Rescue Service (SARS) also attended the scene.
A spokesman for SARS said: “A volunteer critical care team from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) charity was mobilised to attend a serious road traffic collision this morning.
“The incident involved a car and a pedestrian and occurred on New Street in Mildenhall around 9.40am.
“The SARS team assessed and treated a male patient, in his eighties, for a potentially serious head injury.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 6 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 9 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 10 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
“He was later taken to hospital by land ambulance.”