A14 cleared after crash between lorry and Audi
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A stretch of the A14 near Bury St Edmunds has been cleared following a crash between a lorry and an Audi A3.
The crash happened near the slip road at junction 40 on the westbound carriageway shortly after 9.15am on Tuesday, May 21.
Officers from Suffolk police at the scene of the crash reported traffic to be at a standstill.
The AA had reported motorists queuing between junctions 39 and 40, creating delays for those heading out of the county.
No one involved in the crash sustained any injuries, with a spokesman for Suffolk police said the drivers of the vehicles have declined any help from the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
He later added that the Audi A3 remains in a nearby lay-by awaiting recovery, while the lorry did not sustain enough damage to prevent it continuing its journey.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash