Police car collides with Peugeot 206 on A12
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A police car responding to an emergency call was involved in a collision with another vehicle on the A12 near Wickham Market this afternoon.
The crash happened at about 1.20pm on the southbound carriageway of the road, temporarily blocking traffic.
The other car involved in the crash, a blue Peugeot 206, also collided with the central reservation barrier just north of the junction for Wickham Market.
Police said paramedics were called as a precaution, but added that no one was thought to have been hurt in the crash.
It is believed the police car was on its way to assist a broken down car, which has since been dealt with by other officers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the crash is asked to call 101 quoting 185 and today’s date.
A constabulary spokeswoman said: “A marked police car, en route to a grade A call to a possible obstruction on the A14, was involved in a collision with a Peugeot 206 on the A12 at Wickham Market around 1.20pm.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“An ambulance was called as a precaution but, at this stage, neither the man driving the Peugeot or the police officer is thought to have been injured.”