Police chase ends with six men taken to hospital after crash at Six Mile Bottom near Newmarket
Six men were taken to hospital after a lengthy police chase which started in Norfolk ended with car crash in a hamlet near Newmarket.
Police were called around 9.25pm last night following reports of a burglary at an address in Cavell Road in Norwich.
The suspects fled the scene in a black Mercedes C200 and officers subsequently located the car heading southbound on the A11 towards Suffolk.
The resulting chase continued towards Newmarket on the A14 westbound and the car then crashhed at the junction of the A1304 and A11 at Six Mile Bottom on the Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border around 10.35pm.
No other vehicle was involved in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Six men were taken to hospital with five of those arrested at the scene.
Two of the men are currently in Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, two men were taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds with serious injuries while two other men have since been released from hospital and have now been taken into custody.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'