Man taken to hospital in life-threatening condition following crash on A133 at Weeley
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has been rushed to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a collision between a pedestrian and a lorry on the A133 at Weeley this morning.
Police were called at around 3.40am today, Thursday, September 21, to the scene on the Colchester-bound carriageway between Clacton and Weeley.
The road was closed in both directions at the Weeley bypass while emergency services worked at the scene but has since reopened.
A spokesman from Essex Police said they had received reports a pedestrian and a lorry had been in collision.
He said: “The pedestrian, a man aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital in a life threatening condition.”
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “The East of England Ambulance Service Trust was called to a serious road traffic collision on the A133 near Weeley at 3.41am today, September 21.
“Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer attended and treated a man with a head injury.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 Matchday Live: McGreal's Town behind at The Valley
“He was taken to Colchester General Hospital in a serious condition.”
Any witnesses to the collision or anyone with information are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01245 240590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org