Man due at magistrates’ court charged with murder of 52-year-old in Colchester
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow charged with murder.
Danny Bostock, 32, of Berberis Walk, Colchester, was charged this evening with murder and attempted arson with intent to endanger life.
The charges relate to the death of a 52-year-old man from Colchester who was found dead inside a flat in Forest Road, Colchester, in the early hours of Wednesday, August 22.
DI Alan Pitcher is leading the investigation and is appealing for people with dash cam footage to get in touch with his team.
He said: “I’m specifically interesting in hearing from people who were in the Forest Road, Hawthorne Avenue and Avon Way areas of Greenstead, between 2am and 6am on Wednesday morning. I want to know if anyone saw anything suspicious and I’m especially keen to hear from someone who may have been driving in their area and has dash cam footage of their journey to get in touch with the team.”
On Friday, August 24, a post-mortem examination was held and established the provisional cause of death to be from multiple stab wounds.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Stanway Major Crime Team on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org