Police continue music festival rape probe
POLICE investigating the rape of a 19-year-old at the Latitude music festival have appealed directly to the males who met up with the young woman to come forward.
They urged the group to get in touch and give their account of what happened last Thursday night at Henham park, near Southwold.
Detectives have been talking to friends of the victim and viewing CCTV footage from the festival as part of ongoing enquiries.
Officers are continuing to circulate appeals – approaching the music press for further assistance and posting updated appeals on the Suffolk Constabulary page on social networking website Facebook.
However there have only been a small number of phone calls from members of the public and police believe festival goers still have important information.
You may also want to watch:
Detective chief inspector David Cutler, who is overseeing the investigation, said: “We know there will be people with information that can help this enquiry and we are appealing directly to the group of males who met up with the young woman on Thursday night around 10pm – 10.30pm.
“There will be several men in this group who were not present when the rape occurred and we need you to come forward to give an account of what happened.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
“We are working to trace those involved and we will do everything we can to locate you so if you are reading this appeal please do the right thing and come forward.
“If you were at Latitude on Thursday night, and particularly if you were in the red campsite area around this time you may also be able to help our enquiries.
“If you saw a young woman wearing denim jeggings, a yellow and white check shirt, a black cardigan and Wellington boots you may well have seen the victim of this incident and it is important that we hear from you too.”
One of the members of the group who originally met up with the young woman, but who left before the incident occurred is described as being of muscular build with a shaved head, while one of the men who went with the woman into the wooded area is described as white with dark curly hair, around 5ft 7ins tall, of medium build, possibly in his 20s, with a cockney accent and described as ‘looking like a student’.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.