Police continue to investigate double death
POLICE today remain at the house where a father died and his teenage daughter suffered fatal injuries.
Tragedy struck the large Essex village of Sible Hedingham yesterday, as emergency services cordoned off Prayors Hill and discovered Costas Pierides and his daughter Margaret with life threatening injuries.
Mr Pierides was confirmed dead at the scene.
The 16-year-old teen was airlifted to hospital but lost her fight for life after arriving at Colchester General.
A spokesman for Essex Police said that post-mortems were set to take place today, and that the results were expected early next week.
You may also want to watch:
Police remain at the house, to allow for any further forensic work, however no work is planned for today.
He later said: “I can confirm that our investigating officer is not looking into anything to do with a gun or gun shot wounds.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 7 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 8 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 9 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 10 Busy high street taped off by police
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the inquiry.