Ongoing police incident in Hadleigh
- Credit: Archant
Police and ambulance crews are currently at the scene of an ongoing incident in Hadleigh.
A cordon is in place while emergency services, including police forensics teams and ambulance crews, work at the scene in Cork Lane, near the former Babergh District Council offices.
The cordon has left a nearby children’s play area inaccessible while police carry out their work.
Corks Lane leads to the River Walk footpath which runs parallel to the River Brett which runs through the town.
Members of the public are being steered away from the scene by police.
You may also want to watch:
A plain clothes police officer at the scene was unable to comment on the nature of the investigation.
Three police cars, an ambulance and an ambulance vehicle from the East of England Ambulance Service.
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 9 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
It is not known how far the police cordon extends.
Corks Lane also runs next to allotments, which remain accessible.
The ambulance service has been approached for comment.