One lane reopens on northbound carriageway at Chelmsford following four car crash
- Credit: Archant
One lane on the A12 has been reopened following a multi-vehicle collision on the northbound carriageway near Chelmsford.
The road was closed between junction 18 and 19 following the crash that is believed to have involved four vehicles.
Essex Police are still on scene and working with other emergency services, including the fire service and drivers are still facing lengthy delays.
Traffic had been advised to follow a diversion route. However cars are now passing the incident.
The AA is advising that other roads in the surrounding Chelmsford area are now beginning to be affected by the traffic.
You may also want to watch:
There are also queues on the southbound carriageway which are being caused by the accident.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journeys if they are travelling through the area.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 5 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout