Police executing warrant in Lowestoft find what large amount of what is thought to be Class A drug
Three people have been arrested after a large quantity of a substance believed to be heroin was found in Lowestoft.
Police carried out a search warrant at a flat at Victoria Terrace around 7.50pm last night.
Two women – a 35-year-old and a 38-year-old, both from Lowestoft – and a 73-year-old man, also from the town, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of possession of heroin with intent to supply.
Officers from the Scorpion East team, based in Lowestoft, recovered balls and wraps of what is thought to be class A drugs from the property, and seized mobile phones and cash from the address.
All three have been taken into custody where they are being interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to supply heroin and money laundering.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn