Police find trainer in stream
POLICE last night sealed off wasteland in Ipswich after receiving reports a trainer had been spotted in a small stream.A blue police cordon was put around an area of bushes and grass in Sir Alf Ramsey Way - in the middle of the town's red light district - and six police officers stood guard throughout the night.
POLICE last night sealed off wasteland in Ipswich after receiving reports a trainer had been spotted in a small stream.
A blue police cordon was put around an area of bushes and grass in Sir Alf Ramsey Way - in the middle of the town's red light district - and six police officers stood guard throughout the night.
A member of the public told police they had seen a trainer in a stream running through the land and officers decided to secure the area until daylight when they could launch a thorough search.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said last night: “We received a report of what looked like a trainer being seen in an area of water in Sir Alf Ramsey Way.
You may also want to watch:
“We do not know if it's linked to the murder inquiries but we have sealed off the area so we can examine it closely in daylight tomorrow.”
Part of the land sealed off includes a detached house which contains accommodation for four people.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
One of the male residents, who did not want to be named, said he had received a knock on the door shortly before 7pm last night and saw police officers on his doorstep.
They asked him for permission to cordon off the land and he led them to the area of bushes where a small stream ran through.
“I heard them say they would seal off the bushes. They said three policemen would be here most of the night, if not all night,” he said.
“There is water there but not a lot. I thought they might have found clothing there but they were not giving anything away.”