Police granted more time to question Lowestoft murder suspect
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Detectives investigating a fatal stabbing in Suffolk have been granted more time to question a murder suspect.
Police were called to Underwood Close in Lowestoft at 11.14pm yesterday to find a 28-year-old man with serious injuries.
The victim was treated by paramedics at the scene for stab wounds before being transferred to James Paget Hospital where he later died.
A 23-year-old man, from Lowestoft, was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The suspect remains at the centre and police have been granted an extension to keep him in custody for a further 12 hours.
You may also want to watch:
The attack was believed to have been targeted.
Detective chief inspector Mike Brown said: “While an arrest has been made we are continuing to make a number of enquiries and this remains a live and active investigation. I would urge anyone who has any information which may be of help to call us.”
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 10 Is this the most perfect pizza in Suffolk?
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting Operation Ardwick or investigation reference 37/37772/18.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.