Police grow concerned for missing Mendlesham man Edward Lowe who went missing after appointment at Ipswich Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Concern is growing for a missing 70-year-old who has not been seen since Monday.
Edward Lowe from Mendlesham left his home at 9.40am on January 12 to get a bus to a hospital appointment in Ipswich.
He was last seen at 3.30pm that after going to the appointment but it is thought he then took a bus from Ipswich Hospital towards the town centre station, and a further bus towards the main railway station.
Detective Inspector Matt Connick said: “We are becoming increasingly concerned for Edward. His disappearance is out of character and we are worried that he might not have the medication he needs to manage his diabetes.
“We’re urging anyone who may have seen him to contact us and we’d appeal to Edward himself to contact us to let us know that he is safe if he is reading this.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lowe is described as white, around 5ft 5in tall, of medium build, with grey hair balding on top, a grey beard and blue eyes.
He was wearing a dark brown three-quarter length jacket and charcoal-coloured trousers.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 9 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Anyone who believes they may have seen Mr Lowe or who has any information about his whereabouts is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101.