Multiple injuries after five-vehicle crash on A12
Emergency crews dealt with multiple injuries at the scene of a five-vehicle collision on the A12.
The incident took place at the Four Sisters junction, near East Bergholt and Capel St Mary on the Essex-Suffolk border, in the southbound lane of the A12.
Police, paramedics and firefighters rushed to the scene after reports of the crash were made around 3.50pm on November 4, finding one vehicle smoking and a woman trapped in another vehicle.
Five fire crews from Colchester, Ipswich, Hadleigh and Nayland were mobilised, but only one engine attended the scene.
Firefighters cut the roof from the car to free the woman inside and left the scene around 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said that one adult at the scene was in the care of paramedics with another four adults treated at the scene.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Police and other emergency services are currently dealing with a road traffic collision A12 southbound at East Bergholt involving multiple injured parties and vehicles.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
“Injuries are not currently thought to be life threatening.”
The crash caused miles of tailbacks reaching the Copdock interchange while officers cleared the scene but the road is now reopened.
The collision has caused no damage to the road or road structures and is not thought to cause any further delays.