Police helicopter used in Ipswich arrest
POLICE this afternoon surrounded a building in Ipswich after pursuing two men who had been seen throwing cable over a fence.The force's helicopter was used to locate the men, who were initially spotted in Belvedere Road at around 3.
POLICE this afternoon surrounded a building in Ipswich after pursuing two men who had been seen throwing cable over a fence.
The force's helicopter was used to locate the men, who were initially spotted in Belvedere Road at around 3.30pm.
One of the pair was arrested in Star Lane, while the other was pursued to a flat in Smart Street, but was not found.
The two are believed to be in their 20s.
You may also want to watch:
Officers were seen entering a building in Pleasant Row, which used to be a school and part of Suffolk College but is now flats, with a battering ram while other officers stood outside guarding the exits.
There were five squad cars in Pleasant Row, Shire Hall Yard and Smart Street.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Police cars were parked in the middle of Star Lane, preventing traffic from using the road, while the helicopter searched for the offenders.
Both males are described as white and 5ft 7in. They were wearing hooded tops and a dark baseball caps.