Police hunt driver after A12 layby collision
COPDOCK: Police are today hunting a driver who is believed to have deliberately driven into a man who was stood in a layby on the A12 during rush hour.
The incident happened on the southbound carriageway at Copdock between 5.05pm and 5.20pm on Monday.
The 37-year-old victim, from the Ipswich area, was stood in the layby when he was hit by the car.
He was left with multiple injuries which included internal bleeding, whiplash and concussion.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital and treated for his injuries, which are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now keen to speak to anyone who was travelling in the area at the time and may have witnessed the incident.
In particular they are keen to speak to the occupants of a small orange hatchback car.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “It was a busy road at a very busy time and there would have been lots of people travelling up and down the A12.
“We would like anyone who saw anything to get in contact with us.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Holly Evans at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.