Police hunt driver who failed to stop
POLICE are hunting a hit and run driver who left a 12-year-old girl injured after a collision. The youngster was in Beaconsfield Avenue, Colchester when she was hit by the car, and thrown onto the bonnet before.
POLICE are hunting a hit and run driver who left a 12-year-old girl injured after a collision.
The youngster was in Beaconsfield Avenue, Colchester when she was hit by the car, and thrown onto the bonnet before.
The grey coloured vehicle drove over her foot before driving off towards Maldon Road at about 5pm on Tuesday.
The girl has been left on crutches although it is understood she is lucky that her injuries are not more serious.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was white, and had curtain style hair. Police believe the collision was witnessed and have called for people to help them with their enquiries.
Anyone with information should call Stanway traffic on 01206 762212.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 6 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
Meanwhile in a separate accident three people were taken to hospital yesterdayafter a collision between two vehicles at 4.20pm at the junction of SneatingHall Lane and the B1033 Frinton Road at Kirby Cross.
A Vauxhall Astra and a people carrier collided leaving the 50-year-old driver of the Astra trapped for more about 35 minutes. He was air lifted to Colchester General Hospital and ambulance personnel said it was not clear what his injuries were.
The two people in the people carrier, a 53-year-old man who injured his left side and the passenger, a 60-year-old woman who suffered whiplash, were both taken to hospital.
Fire crews from Weeley and Frinton and a specialist-cutting unit from Colchester attended the scene.