Police hunt escaped prisoner
A PRISONER is being hunted by police after he walked out of jail.
POLICE are hunting a prisoner who absconded from Edmunds Hill prison in Suffolk this morning.
James Whitlock, 25, who is serving a sentence for theft, is thought to have left the prison in Stradishall on foot around 9am today.
Whitlock is described as white, of slight build, with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue and white short sleeve top and blue jeans.
He has connections to Walton on the Naze, Great Dunmow, Frinton on Sea, Kirby Cross and Chingford in Essex and to Maidenhead in Berkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging anyone who may have seen Whitlock to contact them with details. They should not approach him or take any further action.
Anyone who may have seen him, or who may have information about where he is now, should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or contact their nearest police station.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 6 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack