Police hunt suspected sex attacker
POLICE are hunting a suspected serial sex attacker after reports of three similar assaults on teenage boys in a Suffolk town.A youngster was attacked in the Twelve Acre Approach area of Kesgrave on Saturday and police are linking the incident to two other assaults in the area.
By Danielle Nuttall
POLICE are hunting a suspected serial sex attacker after reports of three similar assaults on teenage boys in a Suffolk town.
A youngster was attacked in the Twelve Acre Approach area of Kesgrave on Saturday and police are linking the incident to two other assaults in the area.
In the latest incident, a 16-year-old was walking towards Twelve Acre Approach at about 12.45am on Saturday and was approaching the basketball courts when a man appeared from one of the side roads.
You may also want to watch:
The man walked along in front of him before walking into a gap in the hedge at Ashdale Park, known locally as Blue Park.
As the 16-year-old approached, the man came up to him and grabbed him by the crotch before making an indecent suggestion. The teenager managed to break free and ran off towards the Tesco supermarket.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
The attacker was seen walking off in the direction of Fentons Way. He is described as white, of big build, about 6ft tall, aged 20 to 30, with closely shaven dark hair and a spotty complexion.
He was wearing black bottoms, a black hooded top with red edging around the hood and was carrying a large sports bag with a strap over his shoulder.
Suffolk police said they believed the incident might be linked to two other assaults in the same area.
A 17-year-old man reported being assaulted in Pilboroughs Walk at about midnight on Monday, April 17.
The teenager was approaching Ashdale Park when he became aware of a man walking towards him.
As the man went past he threatened the teenager and then dragged him through a gap in the hedge before assaulting him. The 17-year-old victim managed to get away.
In a separate incident, a 15-year-old boy was assaulted in Pilboroughs Walk in the same location at Ashdale Park at about 1am on Saturday, June 25.
The teenager was walking home from a friend's house when a man - described as white, about 5ft10ins tall, with a spotty complexion and stubble, and wearing a dark hooded top which had red lining inside the hood - stepped out in front of him, grabbed him and assaulted him.
The boy stumbled and fell, causing bruising to his hip. He managed to get away.
Detectives are asking anyone who might have been in the area at the time of the latest incident on Saturday or who might have information about the attacker or the incidents to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Woodbridge CID on 01473 613500.