Police hunting distraction burglars
POLICE are investigating following a distraction burglary this morning.It is believed that two men asked to enter a property in Defoe Road, Ipswich, at 11.
POLICE are investigating following a distraction burglary this morning.
It is believed that two men asked to enter a property in Defoe Road, Ipswich, at 11.30am today. They asked to look for a leak, ran some taps and when the victim left the room, some cash was stolen.
Details of the incident are limited at the moment but both men are white.
Residents are reminded by the police to take extra measures to combat distraction burglaries. All doors to properties should be locked, even when at home. You should stop and think if you are expecting anyone before answering the door and to use the spyhole or window to see who it is. If you open the door, put the chain or bar on first and to always check the identity of someone before you let them into your home.
You may also want to watch:
If in doubt contact the police on 999.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases