Police hunting green-fingered thief
POLICE are hunting thieves responsible for a spate of thefts which have plagued gardeners in two west villages.
A number of residents in Wickhambrook and Kedington, both near Bury St Edmunds, have reported plants, pots and garden ornaments being swiped from their homes in recent days.
The police believe the same person or people are responsible for the spate of thefts.
In one incident, in Thorns Close, Wickhambrook, five ceramic pots were emptied of their plants both the front and back gardens of a house and stolen.
That incident happened between 7pm on Sunday and 7.30am the next morning.
You may also want to watch:
Plants were also tipped out of their pots in Croft Close, Wickhambrook, during a similar period. On that occasion, three pots were stolen from a front garden.
Three incidents have been reported in Nunnery Green, Wickhambrook between the Sunday and the Monday morning. The first involved five plastic plant plots being stolen, the second involved four planters and two bird ornaments being taken from a front garden and saw thieves make off with two large stone dog ornaments from a front garden.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
In nearby Kedington a ceramic pot containing daffodils was stolen from a front garden in Westward Deals. That theft happened overnight between Friday and Saturday. At a similar time thieves stole three concrete figurines from another front garden in Westward Deals.
Anybody with information about the incidents should contact the St Edmundsbury rural south safer neighbourhood team on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.