Police identify man found unconscious
POLICE have identified a man who was found seriously injured in a garden after apparently being attacked and robbed.The man was discovered by a passer-by in Clacton in the early hours of Sunday morning - he had suffered serious head and facial injuries.
POLICE have identified a man who was found seriously injured in a garden after apparently being attacked and robbed.
The man was discovered by a passer-by in Clacton in the early hours of Sunday morning - he had suffered serious head and facial injuries.
Essex Police said they believe he may have been robbed because he did not have any money or personal possessions.
After media appeals in a bid to establish the victim's identity, a member of his family positively identified him at his hospital bedside yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Police said he was a 34-year-old married man, with three children, from the Clacton area.
On Monday the victim was transferred from Colchester to a specialist unit at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
He is being kept unconscious for medical reasons and police understand it will be at least two days before he begins to come round.
They hope he will then be able to give them a statement about the attack.
Officers renewed an appeal to the public for information about how the man came to suffer his injuries and who may have been responsible.
They also asked anyone who saw him prior to the attack to come forward so they can piece together his movements.
The victim is 5ft 11ins tall, medium build, with dark, spiky gelled hair, and was wearing blue jeans, a cream t-shirt and a blue fleece.
He was found just hours after an 18-year-old was beaten with a snooker cue in a nearby street.
The 18-year-old was robbed of his mobile phone and £10 in what detectives called an “appalling” act of violence as a group of people apparently stood by laughing.
Essex Police said there was no evidence to link the two incidents, but said they were “mindful” they could be related.
The teenager had been walking along Pathfields Road at about 2.30am when he was punched from behind and kicked to the ground.
He was then kicked and punched several more times before being robbed. While he lay dazed on the ground, a second man came up and struck his head with a snooker cue.
Anyone with information about either attack should contact Clacton police station on 01255 221312.