Police hunt two men who threatened to pull knife on woman in Frinton-on-Sea in ‘nasty attack’
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been left “very shaken and tearful” after two men attempting to rob her threatened to pull a knife.
The incident happened while the victim, aged in her 30s, walked along Hadleigh Road in Frinton-on-Sea towards Connaught Road at around 3pm on Saturday, July 21.
Two men approached her and demanded she handed over her phone.
They then tried to steal her watch while assaulting her before threatening to use a knife.
But the men were spooked and ran away into Connaught Road towards the railway crossing when they saw a blue car, believed to be a Ford Fiesta, and a silver car driving down Hadleigh Road.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer detective constable Andy Dodd said: “This is a nasty attack committed by two young men on a very slight lady, in an otherwise quiet and respectful community.
“She has been left very shaken and tearful by the experience and hopes someone may know something and pass that on to the police.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
“I need to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time who may have seen or heard anything.
“I particularly need to speak to the drivers of the two cars which drove down Hadleigh Road and disturbed the two men.”
The first suspect was described as black, slim, about 5ft 6ins tall, wearing a white t-shirt with the words ‘Just Do It’ written in black, jean shorts, bright blue trainers with an orange ‘Nike’ tick on and thick gloves. The hair down the back of his head was braided.
He was riding a bicycle with a graffiti style decorated helmet with a peak and wore goggles over his eyes.
The second man was described as black, slim and about 5ft 8ins tall. He wore a round neck, khaki-colour t-shirt with blue denim jean shorts, white ankle socks, navy blue-coloured trainers.
He was riding a moped with a white striped or zig-zagged decoration or writing above the rear wheel and had a black full face helmet with a mirror style visor.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police 101 quoting crime reference number 42/104393/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.